Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ecs Gui Systems

Ecs Gui Systems

Does anyone have any tips, or articles about creating GUIs in an ECS system?

 

Would an interactive console fit well into a GUI system or would it be it's own thing?

 

I feel like, a sufficiently flexible GUI system should be able to handle a console... after all, it is only a text output and input control that triggers events based on input rather than button presses or some such...

 

I suppose I am looking for a starting point...

 

Currently I have a bunch of systems, plus the render system and the minimap system...

Each system has a priority... events are processed by systems in priority order as are updates... So I thought I might have to make two systems for the GUI, one to run after the renderer to draw the gui ontop of everything and another that updates before the playerinput control to catch input events.... which shouldn't be to bad... but I don't know what kind of components I'll need...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment