Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Using Convolution Network To Upscale Texture?

Using Convolution Network To Upscale Texture?
There was some outstanding demo of deep neural network being developed for artistic purpose. Google wrote deep dream which mix a content image and a style image and output an image combining both. Neural doodle extend the idea by taking a single 4 color map and output a "Monnet like" picture.

I wonder if it is possible to create and train a dnn that could upscale a texture. I know it has been done for manga/anime picture, and neural doodle can be used to "transfer" high resolution picture on minecraft blocky texture.
Unfortunately I have no experience with dnn. I know the theory behind neural network and I know the math Def of a convolution however I think I'm missing some knowledge to correctly understand dnn articles and latest evolution.

Is there some "dnn theory for game dev" resources available and can the technic be used to upscale texture?

No comments:

Post a Comment