Saturday, July 30, 2016

Multithreading Library Preference

Multithreading Library Preference

Hey Guys,

 

This thing come to my mind for a long time, when I interned in an AAA studio a year ago, I found they are using their inhouse multi-thread library for multithreading. Recently talking to another engine dev in another AAA studio, he also mentioned they use their inhouse library for multithreading. So I am wondering what make those AAA studio stay away from using existing multi-thread library like TBB, microsoft PPL and OpenMP(for simpler cases)? What's the pros and cons of using them? In my opinion, using a exist mature multithreading library can save them lots of develop and debug time, and especially if they want some advanced features like dependency graph. etc

 

Thanks

 


No comments:

Post a Comment